As Lionel Messi scored the two goal for his side against Celtic in the 5th round of the Champions League group stage. His two goals not only did it help Barcelona to qualify into the next stage of the competition but it also added to his record in terms of international goals.
Now Lionel Messi have scored nine goal in this season’s Champions League campaign, which makes him the highest goal scorer. This means Argentine international have scored a total of 100 international goals for just club side which makes him one goal ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo.
Here’s a breakdown of international goals by the two players;
Lionel Messi international goals scored for club side
- Champions League — 100 goals /110 games
- European Super Cup — 3 goals / 4 games
- Club World Cup — 5 goals / 5 games
- TOTAL: 100 goals / 119 games
Cristiano Ronaldo international goals scored for club side
- Champions League — 96 goals / 136 games
- European Super Cup — 2 goals / 1 game
- Club World Cup — 1 goal / 4 games
- TOTAL: 99 goals / 141 games